Tags: alternative, cures, drugs, health, lowering, medications, medicine, natural, perscription, triglycerides, wanna

Lowering High Triglycerides

On Health & Drugs & Medications » Alternative Medicine

2,191 words with 7 Comments; publish: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 03:41:00 GMT; (90058.59, « »)

Thanks.

All Comments

Leave a comment...

• 7 Comments
    • Omega-3 Fish Oil!!!!

My mom had very high triglycerides. She was in the high 400s. At my suggestion (go me!!) she started taking them. I think she takes 2 1000mg a day. In a short amount of time she was down to the 100s. Give it a try - lots of other benefits :)

(and of course limit your sugar intake) Good Luck!

#1; Tue, 18 Dec 2007 09:32:00 GMT
    • Does anyone know of any natural cures for high triglycerides? I don't wanna start taking perscription medication.

Thanks.

Heres some simple suggestions to implement -

Avoidance of all Refined Sugars (High Fructose Corn Syrup) and most if not all grains

Omega 3 Fatty acids via fish oil, flaxseed, or flax oil (preferably with some form of sulferated protein such as whey protein or cottage cheese)

Increased consumption of veggies and fruits (Veggies moreso if your carb intolerant)

Get a good amount of sunlight every day

Drink plenty of filtered water ( 90+ ozs a day)

Avoidance of all articifical sweeteners, partial trans fatty acids, processed meats

Didnt say it would be easy but you cant put a price on your health!

#2; Tue, 18 Dec 2007 09:33:00 GMT
    • I have heard that weight loss (if you are overweight) can help lowering them. Also, if you are a beer drinker, you should stop completely. Our Dr. told us that drinking 1 beer can have the same effect on the body as eating 3 twinkies!!:eek:
      #3; Tue, 18 Dec 2007 09:34:00 GMT

Thanks.

Talk to your doctor about non-flushing niacin. Make sure it's niacin a "inositol hexanicotinate." That's the stuff that doesn't damage your liver. 2000mg/day.

I will go for my first blood test, since beginning them, next week, but my doc says the cardiologists she knows say it works every bit as well as any prescription drug.

Caat

#4; Tue, 18 Dec 2007 09:35:00 GMT
    • If I had to go with one product to lower high triglycerides, my first choice would be Flaxseed . Period.
      #5; Tue, 18 Dec 2007 09:36:00 GMT
    • Red Yeast Rice
      #6; Tue, 18 Dec 2007 09:37:00 GMT
    • I use flush Niacin and my numbers are always good. The non-flush won't help.
      #7; Tue, 18 Dec 2007 09:38:00 GMT